made: backpack version 2

As you might remember if you have been following along with this sporadic blog of mine that there is a similar post. I had originally made a backpack for Archer and I was so happy how it turned out and then there were some errors that started happening. Fraying straps, magnetic snap being too magnetic, tearing fabric and all around too small.

So I started taking it apart and kept fixing it and that’s when I decided I had had enough and was ready to rework the whole thing. Luckily I had some leftover fabric and one of my friends found a tut on Pinterest that she thought I might be interested in. So I started cutting right away and then realized I didn’t have any interfacing till I dug around in my supplies!

I took this past Sunday after making the peeptastic patchwork pouch and put together her backpack. I’m loving this design a lot more and how roomy the inside is compared to the first. Little miss was ready to pack everything in as soon as it came off the sewing machine.

I used already made straps and didn’t use lengtheners. I was just using what I had from the first backpack. And I also used Velcro opposed to the magnetic snap since it was causing so much trouble to the other backpack.

IMG_5447.JPG

IMG_5443.JPG

IMG_5441.JPG

Advertisements
made: backpack version 2

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s